Geoffrey Goodwin has unique experience in marine engineering. He is an expert in marine propulsion, failure analysis and failure investigation. He was integral in solving diesel engine defects for the Royal Australian Navy and is recognised for his specialised understanding of instrumentation. He has a number of publications and received an Order of Australia Medal for his contributions to the Royal Australian Navy.
Awards and Qualifications
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- Graduate Certificate Management (GC-BUSM), University of South Australia
- Phil (Mechanical Engineering and Instrumentation), University of Sussex
- Sc. (Hons) (Mechanical Engineering), University of Sussex.
- Specialist Associate with aadi Defence Pty Ltd
- Head of Propulsion and Energy Management, Marine Platforms Division (DSTO)
- Senior Research Engineer (DSTO)
- Scientific lead and expert witness for a fatal engine room fire aboard the Naval Replenishment Tanker HMAS Westralia (DSTO)
- Logistics Engineering Manager, Australian Submarine Corporation (ASC Pty Ltd)
- Senior Lecturer in Instrumentation, Brighton Polytechnic (now the University of Brighton)
- Senior Research Fellow, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University of Sussex
Dr Geoffrey Goodwin has been recognised for his outstanding work as a marine engineer with a Medal of the Order of Australia.