Dr Nicholas Jans has 25 years’ experience in Defence. He specialises in military leadership and strategic human resource management as key mechanisms for organisational change. He is a management consultant whose research focuses on leadership, fellowship, organisational culture, leadership culture, career development, employee commitment and engagement. He has consulted for public, private and military organisations including the Australian Tax Office, Australian Customs Service, Australia Post, Australian Defence Force, ASIO, Victoria Police, the U.S Navy, NAB and Schlumberger Wireline & Testing.
Awards and Qualifications
- PhD, Organisational Behaviour Studies, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Technology, Electronic Engineering,
- Medal of the Order of Australia OAM
- Specialist Associate with aadi Defence Pty Ltd
- Visiting fellow in Leadership and Military Sociology, Centre for Defence Leadership and Ethics at the Australian Defence College
- Visiting fellow, School of Business, UNSW, Canberra
- Co-Principal, Sigma Consultancy
- Adviser, US Army in the Campaign for Military Professional Ethics
- Team member, ADF Personal Conduct review
- Director of Employee Research (Asia-Pacific), Towers Perrin
- Senior lecturer in management, the University of Canberra
- Training, field artillery, internal consultancy and personnel policy development, Australian Army
Dr Nicholas Jans, Ph.D is a soldier, scholar and management consultant who specialises in Human Resource strategy and organisational research.