Warren is recognised in the defence sector for establishing and directing several significant national and international collaborative programs that have enhanced Defence and industry capability. He has held a variety of management positions in the private and public sector. He was recently made an Adjunct Associate Professor within the School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering at the University of New South Wales. In the Defence Science and Technology Program he was responsible for the implementation of major new aerospace collaborative research programs both nationally and internationally. He is a champion of collaboration between government and industry and has campaigned for several technology transfers and commercialisation initiatives that have generated tens of millions of dollars in exports for Australian industry.
Awards and Qualifications
- Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UNSW Engineering
- Fellow Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Advanced Management Program, Melbourne Business School
- Specialist Associate aadi Defence Pty Ltd
- Director of aadi Defence Pty Ltd
- Chairman of Defence Innovations Pty Ltd
- Head Advanced Aerospace Concepts Program Office, Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO)
- Head Advanced Air Vehicle Concepts Program Office, DSTO
Warren has a genuine passion for culture change and facilitating collaboration between government and industry. He has significant experience in successful technology transfer and commercialization initiatives both nationally and internationally.