Noel Schmidt is an expert in Technical Airworthiness regulation and certification. He specialises in defence aviation design, certification and maintenance systems. He is a respected leader and engineer with 35 years experience in the Royal Australian Air Force. His successful career includes playing a key role in the establishment of the Airworthiness Board and acting as the Australian Defence Force’s Technical Airworthiness Regulator and was recognized for his contributions with a Conspicious Service Cross and a member of the order of Australia.
Awards and Qualifications
- Member of the Order of Australia (AM)
- Conspicious Service Cross
- Master of Science (MSc), degree in Aircraft Design, Cranfield University
- Specialist Associate, aadiDefence Pty Ltd.
- Director General Technical Airworthiness, Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
- Officer Commanding 501 Wing, RAAF Base Amberley, RAAF
- Director Technical Airworthiness, RAAF
- Commanding Officer Engineering Sqn, Aircraft Research and Development Unit, RAAF
Noel Schmidt was awarded a Conspicious Service Cross for his outstanding performance as Director General Technical Airworthiness with the Australian Defence Force. He has consistently demonstrated outstanding engineering skill and leadership and is considered to be one of Australia’s top engineers.