Mr. Geoffrey Widmer is a highly respected business and governance advisor in energy, mining, infrastructure and technology industries. Geoff has strong track record in business & financial strategy, corporate governance, technology commercialisation, M&A and contract negotiations in past senior executive operating and governance positions. He has extensive board experience as a non-executive director and in company secretarial positions in both ASX Listed and Public companies
Awards and Qualifications
- Queen’s University (Canada) – MBA.
- Monash University (Victoria)-Bachelor of Economics and Politics.
- Governance Institute Australia, Grad. Diploma in Advanced Corporate Governance .
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- University of Sydney, Graduate School of Business (NSW) – AICD
- Member, Governance Institute Australia
- Member of the Association of Independent Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN).
- Member Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
- Honorary Justice of the Peace (HJP) Victoria.
- Don Quijote Language School (Spain), Advanced Diploma Spanish Language.
- Commercial advisor and company secretarial in ASX Listed mineral company, Los Cellos (formerly Metminco Limited) with assets located in Colombia.
- NED of AMOG Holdings Pty Ltd a leading Australian consulting engineering Group; Chairman of the Group Finance Committee.
- Company secretarial and commercial advisor to ASX Listed and Public companies and private technology companies such as the electricity trader in the SavvyPlus Group.
- Commercial advisor for corporate development with strong focus on technical exploitation issues in Santos Limited.
- Senior Retail Executive in electrical Infrastructure Utility – Powercor Limited.
- Honorary Consul Victoria to the Republic of Colombia.
- Energy & Resources commentator, through publication of the “Palliser Report” on policies and commercial/technical issues related energy and resources exploitation in Australia and South America.
- Mentor Panel member for Information City Australia, past member.
- A. Centre of Economic Studies, past Chairman of the Board.
- CEO Mentor Round Table, past Member.