Rod Locket is a specialist in aircraft structural integrity with expertise in forming and growing several technology businesses from start up to medium size in the aviation and defence sectors. Rod Locket has an acute understanding of the defence client and service provider relationship with experience as both a defence contractor and his defence background in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF). He has a significant understanding of the processes required and potential challenges faced in commercializing a technology as a small business and in building capability. As a RAAF officer he held various unit and staff positions in Australia and overseas including head of the RAAF’s aircraft airworthiness section in Canberra. He has been in business in the U.S and Australia for over 25 years.
Awards and Qualifications
- Fellow, Royal Aeronautical Society
- Member, Institution of Engineers
- Masters, Mechanical Engineering, Cranfield University, UK
- Specialist Associate, aadi Defence Pty Ltd.
- Managing Director, AeroStructures Technologies Pty Ltd.
- Managing Director, Advanced Technology Training Pty Ltd
- General Manager, Melbourne Jet Base Pty Ltd.
Rod Locket has established start ups and grown companies in the aviation and defence industry specializing in technology. He has an acute understanding of the challenges involved in taking a technology from start up to medium size and has been in business for 25 years.